OTA 2416 Occupational Therapy Assistant Level 1 Fieldwork
Level 1 Fieldwork integrates the academic classroom instruction and clinical experiences in an Occupational Therapy setting(s) under the direct supervision of an Occupational Therapy practitioner and coordinated by the Academic Fieldwork Educator. Two classroom, seven clinical hours per week.
Prerequisites: OTA 1311 and Restricted to Majors
- Students will apply biological, physical, social & behavioral science information in order to demonstrate an understanding of occupations of persons of all ages at a mastery level.
- Students will apply interprofessional perspectives including rehabilitation, disability & developmental as well as person/population-environment-occupation models, theories and frameworks of practice as they pertain to healthcare at a mastery level.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the basic tenets of OT at a mastery level.
- Students will apply the basics of the OT Process (screening, evaluating, developing intervention plan, implementing the intervention plan & outcomes) at a mastery level.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the basics of the context of OT service delivery, leadership and management of OT services at a mastery level.
- Students will apply the basics of promoting science and scholarly endeavors as it pertains to describing & interpreting the scope of OT and establishing new knowledge regarding the OT profession at a mastery level.
- Students will demonstrate OT professional ethics, responsibilities & values at a mastery level.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Practicum: 7 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
9:00AM to 10:50AM
1:00PM to 3:00PM