OTA 2512 Occupational Therapy Assistant Level 2 Fieldwork B
Second of two 8-week full-time assignments of advanced clinical experience under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapy Practitioner which must be successfully completed before the student is eligible for national certification examination. Fourteen clinical hours per week.
Prerequisites: OTA 2511 and Restricted to Majors
- Student will demonstrate professional behaviors including cultural competence, safety, and ethical decision making in a Level II Fieldwork setting at the mastery level.
- Student will display entry-level clinical judgment that reflects the basics tenets of OT as evidenced by ability to collect data, and select/implement/modify interventions, while using appropriate therapeutic use of self at the mastery level.
- Clearly and effectively communicate through verbal, nonverbal, and written means with all stakeholders at the mastery level.
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant psychosocial factors in the Level II clinical setting as evidenced by responding to clients with professional interpersonal communication skills at a mastery level.
Credit Hours: 2
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Other Off Campus Location
Location to be announced
Term: Summer 2023
Format: Condensed content. Shorter than normal term. Course meets in person on scheduled days and times.
Restrictions: Restricted to OTA Majors
Note: A Term
Course Fee: $50.00
Open Seats: 1
Open Seats: 1