OTA 2512 Occupational Therapy Assistant Level 2 Fieldwork B
Second of two 8-week full-time assignments of advanced clinical experience under the supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapy Practitioner which must be successfully completed before the student is eligible for national certification examination. Fourteen practicum hours per week.
Prerequisites: OTA 2511
- Demonstrate the ability to clearly and effectively communicate verbally/nonverbally and in written format with clients, families, significant others, colleagues, service providers, and the public.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, select, and implement intervention, the effective use of therapeutic use of self with clients to facilitate and accomplish goals, grade and adapt activities, and modify the intervention plan as needed in collaboration with the occupational therapist according to policies and procedure of the assigned clinical site.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow the philosophy of occupational therapy, the roles of an occupational therapy assistant and provide evidence-based practice within the assigned clinical affiliation.
- Demonstrate consistent and effective self responsibility; respond to feedback; work behaviors; time management skills; interpersonal skills and cultural competencies as defined by the assigned clinical site.
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to ethical and safety standards as defined by the American Occupational Therapy Association and in accordance with the policies and procedures of the assigned clinical site.
Credit Hours: 2
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No