PAR 2301 Advanced Legal Research & Writing
Develops skills introduced in Legal Research & Writing. This course covers research in federal and national legal resources, writing trial briefs, writing research memoranda and letters and using a citations manual.
Prerequisites: PAR 1101 and PAR 1102 and PAR 1201
- Use advanced computer-aided research techniques to find legal resources.
- Apply the research skills and stages of the writing process to prepare an informational legal memorandum, a trial brief and legal letters.
- Use federal and national legal resources to find cases, statutes and administrative regulations.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Legal Studies
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No