PAR 2510 Criminal Law
This course develops students paralegal skills in analyzing Ohio criminal law, Ohio criminal procedure, and Ohio juvenile law and preparing documents utilized in both criminal and juvenile trial proceedings.
Prerequisites: PAR 1101 and PAR 1102 and PAR 1103
- Describe how the criminal justice system operates, including basic rules of criminal procedure.
- Categorize basic elements of the most common crimes and defenses.
- Apply paralegal functions in a criminal and juvenile law practice, including locating appropriate forms and drafting documents used in the criminal and juvenile trial process.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Legal Studies
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes