PED 1217 Fitness Walking & Conditioning
Fitness Walking and Conditioning is designed to introduce the proper walking techniques used for fitness. Programming will incorporate interval training, strengthening and stretching exercises along with monitoring of intensity. Various types of equipment will be introduced to enhance the workout experience. This course includes both active participation and academics. Two lab hours per week.
- Identify the exercises and the major muscles and muscle groups incorporated in this activity.
- State the benefits of being physically active.
- Demonstrate exercises using proper safety procedures.
Credit Hours: 1
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Physical Education
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No