PLS 1232 State & Local Government
The study of state and local governments (with emphasis on Ohio), organizational structures of state and local governments, state constitutions, county and city charters, state and local government powers and programs, financing, and taxation, and trends in government programs are all documented and analyzed.
- Analyze and describe the relationships between federal, state, and local governments within the context of the U.S. Constitution and state constitutions.
- Demonstrate understanding of the structures and organization of state and local governments (with emphasis within the state of Ohio).
- Describe and demonstrate understanding of the organization, functions, powers of state and local courts. Describe and understand the functions of states and local communities in managing elections, maintaining programs, and meeting fiscal challenges.
- Analyze and evaluate fiscal policies and challenges in states and local communities (budgeting, financing, taxation, programs, powers, elections, political issues).
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Political Science
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
2:00PM to 3:15PM