PTA 1140 Introduction to Therapeutic Exercise Lecture
Theory of the use of basic therapeutic exercises and functional activities.
Prerequisites: PTA 1000
- Students will understand how to select appropriate exercises, including mode and dose for patients in various stages of healing.
- Students will understand how to instruct, apply, monitor, and progress exercise interventions for patients in various stages of healing, and to document the treatment.
- Students will understand the principles of exercise and how to appropriately apply them to patients in various stages of healing.
- Students will understand how to assess the patient’s readiness for exercise and how to monitor the patient’s response.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term