PTA 1220 Neuropathology
Structure and function of the nervous system; recognition of pathology and clinical rationale for the appropriate therapeutic management of commonly treated neurological diseases/conditions.
Prerequisites: PTA 1120 and PTA 1125
- Students will understand the etiology and pathophysiology of various neurological pathologies.
- Students will understand the role of the physical therapist assistant in the medical management and treatment of patients with various neurological pathologies.
- Students will be able to identify appropriate treatment techniques and when patient's response to physical therapy interventions requires modification or cessation.
- Students will be able to select appropriate treatment interventions for the patients in varying stage of neurological disease.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term