PTA 2325 Modalities
Application of commonly used passive and mechanical physical agents, with emphasis on safe application of the treatment intervention. Four lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: PTA 1200
- Student will be able to select the appropriate modality to treat affected tissue/structure.
- Student will understand the principles of commonly used passive and mechanical physical agents and how to appropriately apply them during patient care.
- Student will be able to competently apply modalities, assuring the patient's safety, comfort and privacy while monitoring the patient's response to treatment and document information appropriately.
- Student will be able to assess the patient's appropriateness for a modality and assess the treatment outcome.
Credit Hours: 2
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term