PTA 2335 Clinical Practicum I
Introductory experience in the clinical setting under the supervision of a clinical instructor who is a physical therapist or physical therapist/physical therapist assistant team. Application of theories and techniques for patient interventions, and interprofessional collaboration. Fourteen practicum hours per week.
Prerequisites: PTA 2315
- Students will demonstrate competence expected for a Level 1 clinical affiliation in Clinical Performance Instrument “red flag” performance criteria 1, 2, 3, & 5, related to Safety, Clinical Behaviors, Accountability, and Communication.
- Students will demonstrate competence expected for a Level 1 clinical affiliation in the “red flag” criterion of Critical Thinking and all other non-“red flag” Clinical Performance Instrument performance criteria.
- Students will utilize multiple tools to perform ongoing self-reflection and self-assessment of growth toward an entry-level physical therapist assistant in order to assist in continual self-improvement and preparation toward licensure.
Credit Hours: 2
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No