PTA 2435 Clinical Practicum II
Advanced experience in the clinical setting under the supervision of a clinical instructor who is a physical therapist or physical therapist/physical therapist assistant team. Application of theories and techniques for patient interventions, documentation, and interprofessional collaboration. Fourteen practicum hours per week.
Prerequisites: PTA 2330 and PTA 2335
- Students will demonstrate competence expected for a Level 2 clinical affiliation in the all other non-“red flag” Clinical Performance Instrument performance criteria.
- Students will utilize multiple tools to perform ongoing self-reflection and self-assessment of growth toward an entry-level physical therapist assistant in order to assist in continual improvement and preparation toward licensure.
- Students will demonstrate competence expected for a Level 2 clinical affiliation in Clinical Performance Instrument “red flag” performance criteria 1, 2, 3, 5 & 7 related to Safety, Clinical Behaviors, Accountability, Communication and Clinical Problem Solving.
Credit Hours: 2
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 5:00PM