RAT 1101 Introduction to Radiologic Technology
Introduction to the field of radiologic technology, including history, basic radiation production and safety concepts, patient communication, clinical education, ethical, legal and professional issues.
- Define and discuss professionalism, basic ethical concepts and legal issues in healthcare and the field of radiologic technology.
- Describe the discovery of x-rays and identify the historical developments in radiology and their impact on modern day technology.
- Describe and identify concepts and equipment related to x-ray production and radiation safety.
- Describe the clinical environment and educational aspects of radiologic technology and the importance of proper communication with patients, hospital personnel, and physicians.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Radiologic Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No