RAT 1131 Patient Care in Radiologic Technology
Safety and assessment techniques related to care of the patient in a radiography department, including legal and professional aspects, elements of ethical behavior and practical dilemmas, and current infection control practices. Two classroom, three lab hours per week.
- Explain medical and surgical asepsis, infection control techniques and identify appropriate responses to medical emergencies.
- Identify the legal, ethical and professional standards of care.
- Describe proper patient care procedures including monitoring of vital signs, patient assessment and application of patient safety and comfort strategies.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Radiologic Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No