RAT 2641 Principles of Computed Tomography
Basic instrumentation and application concepts, including computer and x-ray unit components and their application to protocols for acquiring sectional images of various body systems.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Identify normal anatomy on computed tomography images and identify various pathology and diseases on computed tomography images.
- Describe related contrast media used in CT and CTA studies, safe use and contraindications.
- Identify and describe patient care considerations to include patient history and preparation, infection control, patient assessment and emergency care.
- Describe CT instrumentation to include console manipulation, image production and protocol, troubleshooting artifacts, and equipment maintenance.
- Describe the principles of safe practice when using CT equipment.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Radiologic Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
Not currently offered this term