RAT 2643 Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Basic physics concepts involving the generation and construction of human planar images using magnetic resonance imaging technology.
- Describe related contrast media used in MRI and MRA studies, safe use and contraindications.
- Describe the principles of safe practice when using MRI equipment and describe MRI instrumentation to include console manipulation, image production and protocol, troubleshooting artifacts, and magnet maintenance.
- Identify and describe patient care considerations to include patient history and preparation, infection control, patient assessment and emergency care.
- Identify normal anatomy on magnetic resonance images and identify various pathology and diseases on magnetic resonance images
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Radiologic Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes