RES 1302 Real Estate Investment: Analysis & Financing
An analytical approach to investment in real estate. Analysis and financing is emphasized. The use of leverage, tax considerations, appraisal, internal rate of return, acquisitions and exchanges. Case studies are used to provide examples of investment analysis techniques. Completion of MAT 1120 is strongly encouraged prior to attempting this course.
- Identify specific real estate investments such as land, single-family residential, multi-family residential, light-office, industrial, retail shopping centers, and other specialized real estate investments.
- Apply principles of investment analysis to evaluate the return on investment of a real estate project.
- Identify the core drivers of market value and investment performance in the real estate market.
- Develop a feasibility study for a real estate investment project using the appropriate property valuation and financial analysis techniques to arrive at the project's return on investment.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Business and Public Services
- Department: Real Estate
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes
7:00PM to 8:15PM