RET 1100 Introduction to Respiratory Care
Respiratory Care as a profession to include standards of practice, regulating agencies, ethics and legal issues, education and program requirements, communication in health care and areas of clinical focus and employment outlook for a respiratory therapist.
Prerequisites: DEV 0035
- Describe the history of the profession and role of the respiratory therapist in patient care; identify regulating agencies, education/program requirements, areas of clinical focus, and discuss the employment outlook for a respiratory therapist.
- Identify program admission requirements, guidelines, and expectations for the respiratory care program at Sinclair Community College.
- Describe the standards of practice for a respiratory therapist including competencies, diagnostics, disease management, evidence based practice, critical thinking, health promotion and education, ethics, legalities, professionalism and communication skills.
- Demonstrate understanding of interpersonal relationships when listening, communicating verbally and nonverbally, resolving conflict and communication with diverse people.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Respiratory Care
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: Yes