RET 1102 Lab for Respiratory Care Fundamentals I
- Demonstrate effective skills in administering medicine via MDI/DPI, small volume nebulizers and breath actuated devices.
- Demonstrate skills in aseptic handwashing techniques, acquiring blood pressure, heart rate and respiratory rates and appropriate body mechanics.
- Demonstrate effective skills in physical assessment including auscultation, tactile fremitus and obtaining respiratory vitals.
- Demonstrate effective skills in airway management to include intubation, extubation, suctioning, artificial ventilation via resuscitation bag, and tracheostomy care.
- Demonstrate effective skills in setting up oxygen devices and administering bland aerosol via ultrasonic devices or air entrainment nebulizers.
Credit Hours: 0
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Respiratory Care
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term