RET 1301 Respiratory Care Fundamentals III
Diseases and disorders affecting the cardiopulmonary systems emphasizing diagnosis, selection and implementation of therapeutic modalities and the role of the respiratory care practitioner in treatment.
Prerequisites: RET 1201 and Restricted to Majors
- Discuss the indications, contraindications, protocols and interpretation of results of pulmonary function studies.
- Describe the techniques employed for cardiopulmonary stress testing, bronchoprovocation testing, and sleep studies and recommend appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Describe the equipment utilized for cardiopulmonary testing, appropriate maintenance and troubleshooting techniques, and explain quality assurance protocols for such equipment.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Respiratory Care
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No