RET 2250 Pediatrics & Neonatology
Development of the fetus, anticipation of high-risk pregnancies and care of the newborn infant, emphasizing neonatal and pediatric physiology and diseases, and pertinent diagnostics.
Prerequisites: RET 1201
- Identify and describe fetal development including circulation.
- Describe the respiratory therapist's role in high-risk deliveries, resuscitation and diagnostic techniques.
- Differentiate the clinical signs and diagnostic tests and be able to state the treatment of various cardiac anomalies.
- Differentiate the clinical signs and treatment for neonatal and pediatric disease states.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Respiratory Care
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term