SPA 1161 Conversational Spanish for Criminal Justice
Conversational Spanish focused on learning to communicate with Spanish-speaking individuals in the professional capacity of a law enforcement officer. Oral practice and discussions center on the understanding of the language within its cultural context. Considerable supplementary work required.
- Apply rules of pronunciation, grammar, and lexicon to unfamiliar material.
- Internalize a large amount of vocabulary and a number of different discourse functions that make it possible to ask and answer simple spoken communications.
- Use the following grammatical functions in a professional capacity: the imperative mood; the present, imperfect, and preterit tenses.
- Describe some cultural differences that may affect professional communication with Hispanics/Latinos.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Spanish
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No