SUT 1101 Tissue Banking I
Provides the framework and environment for the practice of Tissue Banking. Focuses on history and organizational systems, ethics, rules and regulations, basic sciences, procurement, processing, distribution, and quality systems set by the American Association of Tissue Banking (AATB), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and related regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrate professional ethical behaviors of caring, accountability, responsibility, respect, confidentiality and dignity concerning the donor and family.
- Apply quality control principles to procurement recovery and processing procedures. Apply knowledge of tissue banking regulatory agencies such as the AATB, FDA, and related agencies.
- Utilize critical thinking as a basis for clinical judgment and anticipatory decision making when providing tissue banking skills.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No