SUT 1107 Lab for Tissue Banking I
Provides the framework and environment for the practice of sterile technique, laboratory and machining skills, and sterile processing in Tissue Banking. Introduces the use of sterile technique, surgical hand preparation, gowning and gloving procedures, clean room procedures and protocols, and post processing protocols. Introduces basic tissue processing skills to include setting up sterile tables and use of surgical instrumentation and machining tools and equipment. Introduces sterile processing skills to include decontamination, wrapping and sterilization, and storage procedures. Taught in a 8-week term. Five lab hours per week.
- Demonstrate the technical skills that are integral to tissue processing procedures.
- Utilize critical thinking as a basis for clinical judgment and anticipatory decision making when providing tissue banking skills.
- Demonstrate application of sterile technique and clean room procedures to the Tissue Banking environment.
Credit Hours: 1
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No