SUT 1110 Theory & Fundamentals
Discusses the framework and environment for the practice of Surgical Technology. Focuses on safety through the impact of sterile technique and sterilization practices, patient care, anesthesia, 'all hazards', and introduces the use of therapeutic communication, professionalism, group process, and critical thinking.
Prerequisites: ALH 1101 and BIO 1121 and ENG 1101 and HIM 1101 and MAT 1130
- Describe the administration of and responses to anesthesia.
- Identify the historical, legal, ethical, and professional parameters that impact the practice of Surgical Technology.
- Describe the organization, structure, and design of the surgical environment.
Credit Hours: 5
- Classroom: 5 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
11:00AM to 1:30PM