SUT 1117 Laboratory for Theory & Fundamentals
Beginning competencies in aseptic technique, surgical hand preparation, gowning and gloving techniques, patient positioning, patient skin preparation, patient draping, preoperative patient care techniques to include chart review, vital signs, and intraoperative surgical case management. Three lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: ALH 1101 and BIO 1211 and ENG 1101 and HIM 1110 and MAT 1130 and Restricted to Majors
- Demonstrate application of intraoperative patient care techniques to include patient positioning, skin preparation and draping.
- Demonstrate application of preoperative patient care techniques to include patient chart review and correct measurement of vital signs.
- Demonstrate standard application of surgical sterile technique, surgical hand preparation, gowning and gloving, patient draping.
Credit Hours: 1
- Lab: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 11:00AM