SUT 1120 The Surgical Process
Advances the framework and environment for the practice of Surgical Technology. Focuses on wound healing and management, surgical approaches, and advanced specialty equipment and supplies.
Prerequisites: BIO 1222 and BIO 2205 and SUT 1110 and SUT 1117
- Describe intraoperative safety, communication, and critical thinking.
- Identify basic surgical approaches by type, name, and function.
- Describe and demonstrate preparation and handling of needles, suture materials, and identifying hemostatic techniques.
Credit Hours: 2
- Classroom: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No