SUT 1127 Lab for the Surgical Process
Advances the techniques for preparing the patient, operating room, instruments, supplies, and the equipment to be used during a surgical procedure. Applies these techniques to basic abdominal surgeries. 18 lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: BIO 1222 and BIO 2205 and SUT 1110 and SUT 1117
- Demonstrate standard application of the surgical process in the operating room.
- Implement safe application of surgical process techniques during basic abdominal surgeries.
- Implement safe application of postoperative procedures during the surgical process.
Credit Hours: 3
- Lab: 9 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No