SUT 1200 Sterile Processing II
Offers advanced principles of inventory control, materials management, information technology, and quality control systems integral to the Sterile Processing department in health-care facilities. Introduces specialty surgical instrumentation and patient care equipment. Prepares the student to take the CRCST exam upon graduation and completion of 400 work related hours.
Prerequisites: ALH 1101 and BIO 1107 and SUT 1100
- Describe common business systems integral to the Sterile Processing department such as inventory control, materials management, information technology, and quality control models.
- Discuss concepts basic to the field of Sterile Processing and their application in a health-care facility.
- Identify surgical instrumentation common to advanced specialties such as orthopedic, cardiovascular, opthalmic, neuro, thoracic, and vascular.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
5:30PM to 8:10PM