SUT 2107 Practicum for Tissue Banking II
Role transition to beginning Tissue Banking Technology practitioner. Emphasizes a common systematic approach to tissue processing and sterile processing procedures. Introduces Tissue Banking Technologist’s role on recovery and processing teams in all related environments. 14 Practicum Hours per week. Taught in an 8-week term.
Prerequisites: BIO 1107 and SUT 1101 and SUT 1107
- Assume, with supportive guidance, the role of the tissue banking technologist at an employment acceptable level for general and commonly performed tissue recovery and processing techniques.
- Demonstrate standard application of the sterile technique in the tissue banking environment.
- Interact with all departments of CTS (Community Tissue Services) in a professional manner during all scheduled clinical rotations.
Credit Hours: 1
- Practicum: 7 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No