SUT 2120 Surgical Procedures II
Discusses OB-GYN, genitourinary, ophthalmic, ear/nose/throat, head and neck, oral, plastic, vascular and neuro surgical procedures. Explains the role of the scrub technologist when intraoperative emergencies occur.
Prerequisites: SUT 2110 and SUT 2117 and ALH 2201
- Describe anticipatory decision-making during operative procedures.
- Identify anatomy relevant of the GU, ENT, Ophthalmology, Plastics, and Vascular systems and relate it to clinical practice.
- Describe the functions of a surgical Technologist in GU, ENT, Ophthalmology, Plastics, and vascular surgeries.
Credit Hours: 5
- Classroom: 5 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
8:00AM to 12:30PM