SUT 2207 Directed Practice for Surgical Procedures III
Implements the surgical process in the operating room for orthopedic, thoracic, open heart, trauma, pediatrics. Implements the role transition to beginning Surgical Technology practitioner.
Prerequisites: SUT 2120 and SUT 2127 and PSY 1100 and Restricted to Majors
- Demonstrate in adaptations of perioperative care for the pediatric and post-operative patient. Demonstrate in role as a second circulator.
- Assume, with supportive guidance, the role of the Surgical Technologist for general and commonly performed specialty surgical procedures.
- Analyze, systematically, the needs of the patient, the operative procedure, and the surgeon to individualized equipment, supplies, and techniques used during the surgery.
Credit Hours: 4
- Directed: 20 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term