SUT 2500 RN Scrub
The RN Scrub course is designed specifically for Perioperative Nurses to increase their skills and knowledge in the role of the surgical Scrub. It will give the Perioperative Nurse the opportunity to learn the technical skills required to perform in the role of the Scrub during surgical intervention of the intraoperative period. Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) trained in Perioperative Nursing to take this course. Five lab hours per week. Course taught in an 8-week term.
Prerequisites: Approval of Department
- Demonstrate theoretical knowledge and practical proficiency in surgical aseptic technique in the role of the RN Scrub.
- Demonstrate knowledge of human anatomy and physiology as it relates to surgical interventions.
- Demonstrate safety in the role of the RN Scrub in regards to patient care, handling of surgical instruments, equipment, and supplies and intraoperative emergencies.
Credit Hours: 1
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Surgical Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term