THE 2206 Script Analysis
Focus on discovering creative, in-depth techniques of script analysis and realizing different methods for researching the script. Techniques can be applied to understanding the script as an actor, director, designer, dramaturg or playwright. One classroom, four lab hours per week.
Prerequisites: THE 1105
- Assess components of script, such as plot, character and theme.
- Develop critical thinking skills in the analysis and interpretation of scripts.
- Explore connections with the production of scripts, from the point of view of the director, designer, actor, playwright, dramaturg and other theatre practitioners.
- Use various methods of interpretation including traditional and contemporary methods for classic and contemporary scripts.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Lab: 4 hours
- Division: Liberal Arts, Communication and Social Sciences
- Department: Theatre
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
12:00PM to 2:05PM