VET 1120 Introduction to Large Animal Sciences: Handling & Husbandry
Introduction to Large Animal Sciences will provide the student with knowledge and practical experience of safe handling practices and husbandry management for a variety of farm animal species. Specifically, students will learn about animal contributions to our society, production systems, animal breeding, nutrition, and contemporary issues surrounding agriculture today.
- The student will demonstrate their knowledge of contemporary issues in animal agriculture through discussion of these issues.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of the principles of animal science and livestock production systems and management.
- The student will demonstrate knowledge of, and be able to discuss contributions of animal production and its commodities to society.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Veterinary Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No