VET 2108 Veterinary Assistant Technical Practicum
The student will successfully and confidently complete NAVTA-accredited clinical skills for safe animal handling and basic clinical tasks. Fourteen practicum hours per week.
Prerequisites: VET 1102
- The student will practice and complete all required skills as mandated by the NAVTA Essential Skills list.
- The student will complete a weekly reflective journal about clinical experiences - both subjective and objective observations regarding clinical and professional experiences as well as positive and negative interactions with colleagues, clients, and animals.
- Student will present themselves in professional attire, with a willing and helpful attitude to the assigned clinic. The student will maintain ethical and mature behavior while working with clinical staff and clients.
Credit Hours: 2
- Practicum: 14 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Veterinary Technology
- Repeatable Credit: Yes
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term