VET 2110 Veterinary Parasitology
This course will cover internal and external parasites found in veterinary medicine. Areas of content to include life cycles, pathogenesis, treatment, control, and public health concerns.
Prerequisites: VET 1202
- Describe and identify the correct scientific and common name for veterinary parasites.
- Describe common parasitic control methods. Identify treatment options for different types of parasites. Compare medications used against parasitic infestations.
- Describe the way different parasites are examined. Identify laboratory materials and diagnostic equipment needed in parasitic identification.
Credit Hours: 1
- Classroom: 1 hour
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Veterinary Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term