VET 2117 Laboratory for Veterinary Anesthesia & Surgical Skills
Laboratory to accompany VET 2115 in order to teach and evaluate clinical skills taught in VET 2115.
Prerequisites: VET 2107 or VET 2108 and Restricted to Majors
- Demonstrate proper urinary, fecal, and blood essential skill completion. Identify blood cells within a properly prepared and stained slide. Demonstrate the ability to run fecal and urine samples and complete a microscopic evaluation.
- Demonstrate setting up a surgery- pack, gloves, gowns, etc. Demonstrate proper gowning, gloving, scrubbing as a surgical assistant. Demonstrate the proper preparation technique of a surgical patient for a variety of surgical procedures. Identify acceptable heart rate, respiratory rate, and anesthetic depth of surgical patients.
- Demonstrate the ability to setup an anesthesia machine and perform a leak check. Be able to name the parts of an anesthesia machine. Calculate premedication for a given patient. Calculate the fluid rate needed for a patient.
Credit Hours: 1
- Lab: 2 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Veterinary Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term