VET 2225 Principles of Large Animal Nutrition
The course will discuss the fundamentals of animal nutrition and feedstuffs dealing with principles of digestion, absorption, assimilation and utilization of nutrients, balancing of rations, and feeding of livestock.
Prerequisites: VET 1120
- Students will demonstrate their knowledge of the principles of nutrition as they pertain to animals and supporting life.
- Students will be able to classify nutrients according to type and influence on animal's life and productivity
- The student will demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the digestive tract, including species differences and relate it to nutritional needs.
- The student will be able to develop a nutritional plan for a specified livestock operation based on species and stage of production.
Credit Hours: 3
- Classroom: 3 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Veterinary Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No
Not currently offered this term