VET 2300 Preceptorship
During this 8-week period, each student will be partnered with an affiliate veterinary hospital. Within each practice, students will uphold proper professional attire and attitude and perform duties as set to them by the practice. This will be an unpaid preceptorship with twenty-five hours expected per week within the hospitals, the additional three hours a week to be used for research and preparation in order to present a senior capstone project. The student will meet weekly with the instructor to discuss progress and concerns.
Prerequisites: VET 2207
- Demonstrate professionalism in veterinary practice.
- Satisfactorily complete the task list set forth by the CVTEA.
- Satisfactorily complete a journal documenting case count and components of case management.
Credit Hours: 2
- Practicum: 28 hours
- Division: Health Sciences
- Department: Veterinary Technology
- Repeatable Credit: No
- Offered Online: No