Auditing a Course
To audit a course means:
- Students may attend class
- Students are not required to take exams
- Students do not receive a grade or credit
To register for a class to be audited:
- Registration in audit status will be accepted only during designated late registration periods and before the first meeting of a class. Registration can only be done in person at the Dayton Campus Welcome Center (First Floor, Building 10) or at any of the regional centers. Check www.sinclair.edu/registration-calendar for deadlines.
- Audit status must be indicated on the registration form by marking a "Y" in the audit column.
- The fee for auditing is the same as that for enrolling for credit. VA Educational Benefits may not be used to audit a course. In addition, financial aid may not be used to pay for courses that are audited.
Note: Audit status cannot be changed to credit status, nor can credit status be changed to audit status once registration has been completed.
- Last Revised: 07/08/2021