- Life Coaching to assist in maneuvering college and life issues.
- IMAGE/ICCP Assessment for students unsure of career direction.
- Appalachian identity efforts to assist students in better understanding our culture.
- Community service outreach to Dayton's Appalachian neighborhoods.
- Development and nurturing collaborative partnerships with college and community leaders to design and support programs that celebrate Appalachian identity, culture and values, and the rich diversity within our community.
Service Information Request
If you would like to request information regarding Appalachian Outreach services, receive reminders and/or RSVP for the Appalachian Community Breakfast, please click here (https://sinclaircc.wufoo.com/forms/appalachian-outreach-service-information-form/ to complete the request form.
Appalachian Outreach Department Scholarship:
To qualify, students must meet the following:
- Minimum 2.0 GPA
- Enrolled in at least 4 credit hours, and
- Of Appalachian descent within
the past three generations.
Click here for the Appalachian Scholarship Application. (https://www.sinclair.edu/www/assets/File/Hom-Aca-HigSchPro/Appalachian%20Scholarship%20Form.pdf)
The following scholarships are offered through the Sinclair Foundation to assist students of Appalachian heritage.
- Jack and Ann Klein Scholarship: To qualify,
students must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and be enrolled part-time (11 credit
hours or fewer)
- William Pearl and Mae Morgan Scholarship: To qualify, students must be enrolled in a degree or certificate program, be of Appalachian descent from Eastern Kentucky or West Virginia within the past three generations, and be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours or fewer).
Applications are open at www.sinclair.edu/scholarships June 1-30 for Fall semester , November 1-30 for Spring semester, and March 1-30 for Summer semester.
- Last Revised: 07/27/2023