Sinclair College Catalog

Skip to main content
Sinclair College

Filing a Complaint or Concern

Sinclair's portal for student concerns is located at . Sinclair strives to maintain open channels for students to file concerns.

Complaints are respected and honored. No reprisals or retaliation shall be invoked against any student for processing, in good faith, a complaint, either on an informal or formal basis, or for participating in any way in a complaint process. Any student who believes that retaliatory actions have been taken against him or her for having filed a complaint should contact the Ombudsman directly at

ACADEMIC CONCERNS:  Do you have concerns about grades or a classroom issue? Are you having accessibility problems accessing academic online content? If so, you should file an Academic Concern.

Academic Concern:

NON-ACADEMIC CONCERNS:  Do you have a concern over service you received in one of our Non-Academic offices at Sinclair College or the Sinclair Conference Center? Are you having accessibility problems accessing non-academic online content? A Non-Academic Concern can be reported here:

Non-academic Concern:

PUBLIC CONCERNS:  Do you have general concerns about the campus, your experience, or the facilities. 

A Public Concern can be reported here:


TITLE IX CONCERNS:  Do you have a concern about inappropriate and disrespectful sexual conduct and communication in any form? More information on Title IX ( )and what it is.

Title IX File a report here:

Once a student has exhausted all possible avenues of complaint resolution at Sinclair, a student may file a formal complaint with the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE). For more information and to review the process to submit a complaint, please visit ODHE's website ( .


Issues With Transferring Guaranteed Credits?

If you transferred from Sinclair to an Ohio public university or a private university Sinclair has an articulation with, and you believe your credits were not transferred as guaranteed by either ODHE guarantees or Sinclair articulation agreements, please complete the report from this link ( ).



Do you need to file a report for an incident or issue and get assistance? Please use these forms here ( )

If you need to report an emergency or an immediate threat, contact Dayton Campus Police at 937-512-2700 or dial 911 from any location.

If you need help understanding this or need a student advocate please call 937-512-2205 or email the Ombuds Office at


  • Last Revised: 07/27/2023