The mission of the Office of the Ombuds at Sinclair is to provide support, mediation, and advocacy for fair processes throughout the institution. The office works to analyze information gathered from student experiences in order to implement procedural changes into Sinclair's culture.
The Ombuds is here to help you! The Ombuds is available to schedule a face-to-face, virtual, or phone appointment with you. Please click on the button below to schedule an appointment or complete the Ombuds Assistance Request Form, and the Ombuds will contact you to schedule a meeting based on your preference.
What does the Ombuds do? How can the Ombuds help me?
- Provides services to students to encourage them to learn how to problem solve and operate effectively within the College environment.
- Provides personal/life skills coaching to students.
- Addresses legitimate concerns regarding customer service issues, communication disconnects, or the inability to access student services in a timely manner.
- Assists students. staff, and faculty members in resolving problems/issues with difficult, disruptive students.
- Assists students, staff and faculty members in finding resources to address students' non-academic personal issues.
- Provides supportive intervention services to students involved in disruptive classroom situations to prevent future and/or further disciplinary action.
Sinclair's Ombuds operates under the International Ombuds Association (IOA) standards of neutrality, confidentiality, and impartiality. Please understand she is glad to assist you in a civil conversation that aligns with these standards.
Access the following site to learn more about the Office of the Ombuds.
Ombuds Contact Information:
937-512-2205 | firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need to report an emergency or an immediate threat, contact Dayton Campus Police at 937-512-2700 or dial 911 from any location.
- Last Revised: 07/27/2023